Thursday, September 30, 2010

$1000!

I have officially reached the $1000 mark in my fundraising .... yeah! I am so excited and thankful for such generous friends and family!

Training for me has been slow this season, I hate to admit. There have been so many days where I have come home from work and have been SO beyond exhausted that I just cannot make myself go out and run. I know I just need to suck it up and do it, but for some reason I've just had a hard time doing it. I am soooo good at making excuses, and I really hate that about myself, but at least I can admit it. I've really had to push myself to run outside and not on the treadmill, too. It's been a lot easier to take the comfort of the treadmill knowing that there are bathrooms nearby, but I do feel so much more accomplished when I actually run outside through my neighborhood.

Being a mentor with Team Challenge this season has been really awesome. I have a really wonderful group of mentees who have all really impressed me with their drive and motivation for finding a cure. It's so great to know that they have faith in my abilities as a mentor and come to me with questions, concerns, and praises! Way to go Lindsay, Catie, Amanda, Tiffany, and Ivette! I know you all can do it and I'm so glad to be a part of your Team Challenge experience!

I missed our group run last weekend at Stone Mountain because I was up in Virginia with Matt. Instead of running, I woke up early to tailgate and drink lots and lots for the UVA/VMI football game .... which can't really be considered football .... followed by lots of napping and drinking (and dancing ... HA). This weekend I'm so excited to be back with the group for a 6 mile run at the Chattahoochee River! I love this course (and love even more that Justin Bieber supposedly has a house right around there ... I'm such a good stalker!) and am excited to see my Team Challenge friends again!

No comments:

Post a Comment